There are many ways to live our lives: we can either frantically scroll down social media platforms for yet another horrid news on Covid-19 or hibernate in total inaction awaiting the worst to pass. Both seem to be equally ineffective and not so much uplifting. How about following some practical, 10 self- care practices to stay in harmony?
And the time could not have been better – no commute, no pre and post-work activities, no business travel, no excuses.
Since everything in life is about perspective, we have a choice to shift our focus from feeling limited and trapped to actually investing time and energy in self-love and self-care practices to stay in harmony. Why? Because when this is all over, we need to be in shape to face new emerged reality and be ready to play again.
Some helpful Self-care practices to keep your mind, soul, and body in loving harmony:
1. EXERCISE– there is no reason you can not keep your body moving with so many online apps offering classes- we can’t really say we are too busy anymore.
2. MEDITATE– never done it? The perfect moment to start this self-care practice to stay in harmony. Benefits: mastering the present moment which we seem to be so afraid of, clarity and calmness.
3. SOCIAL MEDIA DETOX – it helps to reset your nervous system.
4. PRACTICE GRATITUDE – not only helps you to change perspective. It makes you more wealthy than you think you are, and also changes the ration of negative thoughts to positive entering your mind.
5. PRACTICE MINDFULNESS – it helps you to mind your mind and to calm it. You are only as effective as calm is your mind.
6. GIVE A FULL ATTENTION TO TACKLING OUTSTANDING ITEMS ON YOUR TO-DO LIST– if not now then when
7. DO ONE THING YOU ALWAYS HAD NOT ENOUGH TIME FOR
8. DE-CLUTTER YOUR LIFE by decluttering your space- it will give you an immediate feeling of gratification and space for something new in your life. It is a self-care practice 101 to stay in harmony.
9. LEARN SOMETHING NEW
10. PRACTICE DISTRACTION MANAGEMENT– simply give 90-120 minutes of your undivided attention to the most important task and see your effectiveness spike and stress going down
And remember we are in this together. Social distancing does not mean social discontent. Stay Connected and Reach out to those you neglected recently- truly no excuses anymore.
Always with love
Considering learning something new, my GO LOVE YOURSELF Online Course might be right for you.