Do you often feel guilty when you want to do something for yourself? How often do you struggle to balance your own needs with the needs of others?
In this post, I am going to share with you how to balance your needs with those of others. This is one of the most important practices of self – love without which you will always find yourself wobbling and stumbling in life.
Without knowing who you are and what you want you will not be able to create healthy boundaries to respect your needs. You will get lost in relationships with others and confused between your own voice and their opinions, therefore:
- You cannot give what you don’t have
- Don’t be afraid to honor yourself
- You cannot receive more than you are capable of taking in
- You must figure it out what empowers you
- Control your mind chatter
- Find a balance between what you want and what you need
- You need to work on the alignment with your own gifts
- It Is your responsibility to make your cup full first
- People will always try to make you feel bad so they can feel better
- it is your job to nurture and take care of yourself
And when you feel challenged and stretched, bring yourself to the present moment and become aware of:
- Each NO is a firm YES to what you want
- Acceptance does not equal agreement, yet it allows different views to co-exist.
- Don’t take anything personally – Afterall it is not about you. You cannot possibly know and understand the unspoken and complex narrative that everyone has going on in their heads all the time, so nobody can understand yours.
- Stop reacting – accept everything that you do not know and you are not aware of.
- Do what is best for you – because everything that you know is only your own perception which does not necessarily need to be collectively agreed upon.
When you balance your needs with the needs of others, you will free yourself from the responsibility of controlling how and what others should feel about you. Instead, invest your precious energy how you feel about yourself.
To kick start your self-love journey check my LOVE YOURSELF INWARD Online course